Sunday, January 31, 2010

PERSONAL PUZZLE PIECES: Senior Thesis

On the tip of my tongue










After I started sketching my initial ideas, using the design details I wanted to include, I had to step back from my drawings and think, 'Is this collection really for juniors?'

Looking at what I had designed, I had to answer no. The designs had a much softer innocent feel to them rather then my usually edgy designs. I wondered what they would look like on a 12-tween size range.

Usually I'm not a fan of the 12-Tween size range because the first thing that comes to my mind is Limited too. but I reminded myself, It doesn't always have to be so kitschy.

The designs that I liked best had a 'doll like feel' to them, and I started to imagin a girl with her hair in braids, in a loose baby doll dress with a stern order from her mothert not to spoil her outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment